09 Mar THE BEST BREAKFAST TO KEEP YOU FUELLED by Grace Kingswell
THE BEST BREAKFAST TO KEEP YOU FUELLED by Grace Kingswell
Spring is here! The days are getting longer and there is more time to do fun things. It’s important to feel energised and motivated so you can seize the day and maximise it’s potential! Nutritional therapist Grace Kingswell has shared her top breakfast, so you can fill every day with the things you love.
Spicy Quinoa Porridge with Apple, Tahini + Seeds
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1tsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Green leaf stevia (if you like your porridge a bit sweeter!)
- Optional extras: berries, raisins, walnuts
How to make:
- Boil your quinoa in water – you’ll know it’s cooked when you see small tails coming out of the seeds
- Once drained, put it back in the pan and add the almond milk, star anise, nutmeg + cinnamon (+ the green leaf stevia if desired)
- Leave to simmer until the porridge has thickened – this should take about 5 minutes as the quinoa is already cooked
- Top with sliced apple, tahini, shelled hemp seeds (+ we like to add a bit more cinnamon!)
So there we have it, a delicious porridge that will give you bags of energy for the day ahead. Bring on those spring days! If you want more recipes and advice check out https://www.gracekingswell.com/ and follow @gracekingswell.
We also chatted to Grace on our latest podcast – check it out for top-secret wellness tips, how to take the plunge to move to the coast + how important it is to catch the sunrise each day.
You can have a listen on Spotify or watch live on Youtube!