24 Aug Job opportunity: Surf Trip Leader
Women + Waves is an all-female surf collective, teaching women to surf through their leading Rip Curl Surf Academy in Newquay alongside other locations such as Croyde, Devon and international surf holidays to destinations worldwide including Morocco and El Salvador.
Women + Waves continues to maintain its reputation that providing first-class coaching by professional and friendly female instructors all set within amazing surf destinations and accommodation. We are looking for the right person to join the team. This is a dream job for a surfer with the correct skill set.
- Certificates and qualifications
- In date lifeguard qualifications, if you don’t have this you can still apply as we offer Lifeguard qualifications as part of our training
- Full driving license preferred
Times of Work:
Available for work on either or all of the following:
– International Women + Waves holidays
– UK-based coaching weekends
– Newquay-based instructional work
Dates of Work:
These would be trip/event-based and therefore not constant so would suit those with a primary income in place already, or those studying etc.
We are particularly looking for specialists in the territories in which we are looking to offer trips in the future. These include;
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- An experienced surfer who has mastered all of the key manoeuvres is fit and regularly surfs (on a daily/weekly basis). They must display excellent water person skills.
- Confident, sociable and not afraid of speaking in front of groups.
- An experienced traveller with a valid passport.
- Multi-language speaking would be a huge benefit. Good English is essential.
- Excellent leadership qualities. With the ability to confidently liaise with external providers such as accommodation managers, drivers, chefs and local guides.
- Video and photography skills.
- Organised, reliable with excellent time management skills.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include a short video (this can be shot on your phone and should be no more than 2 minutes long) introducing yourself and giving a brief description of your level of surfing, and why you would like this job, we also require a video clip of you surfing.
Closing date: 1st September 2022