07 Sep Vegan Cinnamon Apple Crumble (for breakfast or dessert!)
As the evenings start to close in and the apples start to fall off the tree, we thought this would be a great time to share our delicious oatmeal cinnamon apple crumble recipe (which is also totally vegan) – whether it’s enjoying after a surf and getting cosy or having it cold for a fuelling breakfast to start your day – this crumble recipe is super quick and easy and perfect for every surfer on the go.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 Minutes
You will need:
For The Apples
- 3 medium apples or 2 large, cored and diced into small pieces.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup,
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
For The Crumble
- 2 cups rolled oats – the big chunky ones are the best!
- 3 tablespoon. flaxseed meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- First up, preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix your chopped apples, lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl until well combined.
If you’re feeling adventurous you can add ½ a teaspoon of nutmeg + ½ a teaspoon of ginger for some extra seasonal flavour.
- Then pour your apple mixture into a big baking dish and spread evenly.
- Using the same mixing bowl add all crumble ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the oatmeal crumble evenly over cinnamon apples.
Fancy it a little sweeter? Sprinkle some brown sugar over the top of the crumble mix.
- Then pop the baking tray into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the crumble begins to go brown and golden!
- You’ll soon start to smell this cinnamon delight. Now it’s time to remove your crumble from the oven and let it cool before serving! If you’re having it for dessert, serve with a dollop of coconut ice cream!
And there you have it – the perfect dessert, snack or breakfast!
Top Tip – You can store it in the freezer for up to three months (baked or unbaked) and take it out when you fancy it!